Big Data Scoring has finished a case study on the effects of adding Facebook data to traditional credit scoring. The case study was done with a leading consumer credit provider in Poland. We are proud to present the results:
- The credit score model using Facebook (FB) data is performing clearly better than the model with traditional application data only.
- Use of Facebook variables improves the efficiency of an existing application scorecard by logical rules.
- The Facebook scorecard brings an improvement to all score bands of a scorecard based only on application data.
- The model using both application and Facebook data clearly gives a higher profitability for all cut offs.
- It is possible to use a stand alone Facebook scorecard when no other data elements are available, for example when targeting a new market with a new product.
From the chart below, we can see that adding Facebook data brings an improvement to all score bands of the traditional application score card.
Enhancing an existing credit scorecard with social media data is beneficial to all creditors from retail banks to peer to peer lenders. If you would like to know more about using Facebook data to improve the performance of your scorecard, please contact us.